Prayer Ministry Coordinator: Nancy Sperling
When the life of the church brings us to our knees, significant times of prayer are scheduled: missions conference and short term mission trips, Christmas programs, Easter Journey to the Cross, etc.
Sunday morning - Prayer for both services on Sunday mornings. Meets in room 313 from 8:20am-11:30
Muggins – Prayer in support of our youth and their leadership meets once a month on the first Monday from 9:15 – 11:00AM at the home of Kerri Hanke. Call the church office for directions. Join any time!!
Prayer for our Nation - led every Thursday morning at 7:30AM by Sherri Sperling (503) 936-2803
Pray for your High 5 this week
Ask God to “send” them to church this weekend.
Pray for those non-believers who will be attending services, that God’s Word will come alive for them and they will be saved.
Pray also for the prodigals who will be in church to “please” their families.
Pray for hearing ears and seeing eyes to the Word of the Lord.
1. God hears you. 2 Chronicles 7:14; 1 John 5:14
2. You experience a peace that passes understanding. Philippians 4:7
3. You receive a boldness to do God’s will and it opens doors for ministry. Colossians 4:3
4. It increases your love for God, others and the world. Philippians 1:9; 1 Thessalonians 3:12; John 13:34-35
5. Prayer increases your joy, faith, and love. Psalm 16:11; Philippians 4:6-7
6. Prayer increases the effectiveness of your preaching and teaching. Acts 4:33, 2:1, 14, 37; 2 Thessalonians 3:1
7. Praying increases your love for and passion to reach the lost. Acts 4:31; Ephesians 6:19
8. It gives you a burden for people. 1 Thessalonians 2:8
9. God grants you wisdom when you are speaking with people. Colossians 4:3-4
10. God removes the control of Satan over people’s lives so they can respond to the truth. Ephesians 2:1-3; 2 Timothy 2:26; Luke 4:18
11. It increases the desire of people to do the will of God. Ephesians 4:16; Matthew 9:37-38